Sunday, July 17, 2011

What makes you trust a website which sells stuffs online? ?

What makes you trust a website which sells stuffs online? ?
What makes you trust a website which sells stuffs online? 1. Payment method: Would you trust a website which requires you to transfer the money through a bank and not to pay by using credit card or paypal service? 2. Any countries which you avoid to buy products from? What about Indonesia? 3. Any other criteria that might help you decide? Thank you all guys for all your opinions..
Security - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1 Payment method: Using ... to transfer the money to the A(e-shop host), then the B (website/dealer) send the goods to you, after you confirm to A, then A will give the money to B. 2,3 do not know, but after condition 1, the 2, 3 seems do not matter.
2 :
I trust it if trusted people trust it and have gotten things from it. And also if it uses a site like yahoo for ordering.
3 :
I only buy from sites that allow payment with paypal. There is just too much risk to bother with the others. Generally, if I am paying with paypal I will trust them, especially because asian countries are the ones which sell directly cheap stuff. If I am buying off a website I tend to type their name into a search engine and try to find some feedback or discussion from other users on it. If there is nothing, I won't buy off them, if it is negative, saying the goods never arrived I won't either. Sometimes I also email them and ask them a general question about the item. You can tell by their answers sometimes if their legit.
4 :
Word of mouth and reputation is the best criteria IMO. I don't buy from sites that I haven't heard of without thorough research. This includes searching for the company on ripoffreport.com and BBB. Secondly read their Privacy Policy and Terms of Agreement. If anything seems suspicious, be suspicious. As for payment method, no I would not 100% trust any business that didn't take MC or Visa over the Internet. For one you're subjected to your own bank policy that may or may not support fraud 100%. If using CC look for the Verisign logo or Verified by Visa. Secondly see if it asks for the 3 digit security code and make sure that while you're entering in your bank information that your address bar reads HTTPS://. If it does not, DO NOT continue with the transaction. Personally I don't buy from other countries due to the high cost of shipping, so I don't have an answer for you.