Saturday, May 14, 2011

SM Town Entertainment Audition [Dance or Sing or Rap or Create Lyrics (still confused about this one)]?

SM Town Entertainment Audition [Dance or Sing or Rap or Create Lyrics (still confused about this one)]?
Hi, I'm a Chinese woman, was born in Indonesia, only fluent in English & Indonesia. I wanna ask few questions, hope u don't mind to answer ^^ -I'm 23 years old, already have an undergraduate degree of medical doctor in Indonesia, but need 2 more years to get the license to be a doctor in all hospitals. Being a doctor is what my parents want, not what I want. I wanna be a dancer, maybe a singer or a rapper too. So, I'm planning, when I'm 25 years old, I wanna get to the audition for SM. Well, will I be too old? -Do u know what are the things the SM score for? Since my parents forbid me to do stuffs beside being a medical doctor, so I learn the modern dance by myself, I learn sing or rap by myself too. So, I'm kind of yeah you know, maybe just too bad compare to another people. -Since I'm older than 18 years old, will I still need my parents allowance for this? Cause I know, no matter what I say & no matter what I do, they will not ever let me follow my dream. -& since my parents will not allow me to live in Korea, how can I get money there? And how much money will I need to get there (the living cost there)? (I can't work as doctor there if I'm not fluent in Korean & to get the license as medical doctor outside Indonesia, I must get one year training again, so working as medical doctor there is out of option). I'm confused for 5 years & just feel such a burden living a life my parents want. So, any answers will be such a great help for me. Thank u so much. P.S: these are my photoes ^^ I wanna get audition for SM, JYP, YG, but if I can, I wanna be in SM ^^ I'm 170cm & 55kg. I've never had any professional trainee / lessons.. I don't have any basic at all, but: SING: I just like to do it, though my voice is not too good >.< But I've ever win a contest, the second rank, when I'm in the 6th grade of elementary school. RAP: I've learned it lately because I like it & in my campus, all of the lecturers has ever tested me in tests orally, they say I could be a really good rapper if I learn it ^^ because sometimes I speak sooooo fast ^^ MODERN DANCE: I've never learned it before too, only do some practicing for 2-3 months, but I've ever performed in an open basketball competition in my college when I'm still in the first grade. INSTRUMENTS: -Piano: I've learned it from an institution ONLY the basic, and I've ever performed in an institution for 4 years, but it was a really long time agooooo... when I'm in the play group till the 2nd / 3rd grade of elementary school. Still remember how to read the musical notes, but I can only play if there's some musical notes. -Guitar: I've learned it by myself, well not too good, but I could read the musical notes of guitar and play some musics if I know the notes, and I've ever performed in a religious group for 2 years. -Keyboard: I've learned it by myself, I could read the musical notes, and play some musics if I know the notes, and I've ever performed in a religious group for 2 years. Of course I learned it in a condition that my parents don't know ^^ because they will be angry coz' I'm so serious if I'm doing all of those ^^ But yeah, I understand it pretty much that I'm still far far away if I've compared with another applicants >.< since I have no professional basics at all >.< So, please tell me, how big is the chance I could be in SM/JYP/YG?? Coz' I need to find some ways to make money (coz' my parents WILL NOT ever let me go) & coz' if I go to Korea, well, I will stop my "other life" (I mean I will not take an undergraduate school for medical doctor). The risks are too much, the ways are too hard, & I'm walking all alone (not with my parents), but if there's still a big chance, I will do practicing, practicing, & a LOT of practicing for these 2 years (like I said earlier "need 2 more years to get the license to be a doctor in all hospitals"). Harsh comments are fine ^^ I'd like to know it ^^ Thanks before ^^ http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1287/yuancool6.jpg http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5320/yuancool14edited1.jpg http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6914/yuancool77.jpg http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/870/yuancool123110908.jpg http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6685/yuancool140180109.jpg http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/170/yuancool150230509edited.jpg http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3730/yuancool178190810edited.jpg http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2306/yuancool185.jpg http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3444/yuancool186170910.jpg
Rap and Hip-Hop - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ughh ugh follow your heart is all i can say but how can u follow a heaart if it's always with u and just beats blood u know i mean well u know what i mean and u dont need your parents your grown
2 :
You are extremely young looking for your age but as someone who lived in Korea as an American I can understand how living with your parents and trying to finish your Doctorate (your parents wishes) and also you wanting to pursue your own dreams of wanting a career in singing or rap with SM. I looked into SM and found out that they are holding their yearly tryouts in Korea this year: http://wn.com/2009_SM_Entertainment_Global_Audition. Even if you aren't going to tryout I would suggest that you start the competition by fluffing the paperwork process and getting yourself out there. You LOOK much younger than your years but you have to take a look at the competition...I looked online at the people that they have chosen in the past and in all honesty these people are stellar performers who can sing and dance like stars like no one else can believe. A lot of the people who have won in the past have lived in poverty and left home and done whatever they had to do just to get into the competition and make the best they could do to become stars. SO...that saying...you are going to have to follow your heart and if you think you can become a star you are going to have follow that dream and probably leave home and just go for it. Find out when the next tryouts are and apply. If you make it and get chosen then you will know if it is worth giving up school or not. Perhaps SM is not your only choice. Perhaps there is a record label or a management company that is willing to pick you up and work with you and polish your skills and make you star. I am 50 years old and a businesswoman who went back to school several years ago to finish my PH D and did it. Several people told me not to do it....I turned my company that I built over to my Son and Husband and went back to college and finished my PH D and am now practicing in Psychology. Follow your heart and live your dream or you will never be happy. A woman can do anything a man can. Love you, do you, be you. You have to do for yourself because no one else ever will. Peace, Love & Happiness
3 :
-- SM ent chooses young trainees because they debut their artists in a minimum of 5 years... I'm sorry for discouraging you, but there's alot more agencies for you to choose :) * JYP - it's an amazing company run by Park Jin Young. although they debut artists really late because Mr. JYP seeks perfection. but they don't seek beauty, they seek for talented people and is really great in dance. as i noticed, all JYP artists are good in dancing. * YG (my most favorite one!) - specializes in RnB and hiphop. they REALLY don't care about beauty. they want 100% talent. they want singers... not dancer/rapper/composer or someone who plays instrument. but they consider them as specialty. * DSP - as what they say, 20% talent and 80% beauty. that's what they're looking for. * CUBE - JYP's sister company. this agency is also great, they have amazing artists. * PLEDIS - i don't know much about this company but i heard this is good too. -- SM need beautiful artists that has pure talents. -- i don't think you still need a parent's consent. :) even if the company shoulders the dorm, i think you still need an allowance for you food in there. so, you should save enough money already. XD and even if you don't need your parent's consent, you should let them know that you're going to korea and train. -- regarding your talent... i can't judge them if i haven't seen them yet. if you don't mind, i would like to hear your covers. (sing and rap) and see you dance.. so i can judge. well, if you want to. but if you don't, it's okay. hehe! ^^ -- it's nice to hear that you also rap. i think it's a plus. also dancing.. but you need to be good in singing too. if you like them to see you perform musical instruments, you can include them on your audition tape :) -- also, you don't have to know how to speak korean. just make sure that you speak/sing their language fluently without mispronouncing a word. :) -- and lastly, if you would like to audition in YG, i can give you more infos and i'll you in the best way i can. ^^