Saturday, January 14, 2012

How can I manually charge someone's credit card remotely?

How can I manually charge someone's credit card remotely?
I reside in the U.S. and I have a potential costumer in Indonesia, who said " the only way i want you charge my card into manual swipe charge machine for safety reason.I can't make check or money order cause I spent my cash money for build my new store. If you don't have charge machine maybe you can find at your family, friends or the other." What is a swipe charge machine, where can I find one, and how can I use it? Is there another way it can be done? Thank you for your time. Can I somehow wire his money into my account?
Credit - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you believe him? The safety reason is he doesn't have the three digit number on the back of the card and that is why you can't call it in. If you manually swipe it, how you going to get him to sign it !!!?????
2 :
Well...what he is talking about is a physical credit card imprinter...it's what was used way back in the dark ages...around 1985 or so...basically you put the credit card in a holder, then you pull a slide across the card, then on the return swipe, it imprints the merchant info... BUT...this sounds mighty fishy...first of all even assuming you can find an imprinter...you would need to have his card in hand...so unless you are going to Indonesia or he is coming to you...I'd be real skeptical of this potential transaction...many scammers overseas...personally, my guess is he only has a credit card number, but not the coresponding security code from the back of a real card...but then again...I'm paranoid about money and oversea transactions. (but the I'm all out of cash....kinda trips my oooohhhohhhh meter)
3 :
Check with your credit card company. In the old days prior to swiping, you made an imprint of the card and sent the carbon into the bank (or maybe it was the original). I do know that I call into my doctor's, dentists, or other providers to charge their bills on my account. In addition to my card number they either need my expiration date or the security number on the back of my card. None of them require swiping the card. In this case you cannot swipe a card that is in another location. If you need to ask about a swipe machine, then it appears that you don't use credit cards for payment from buyers.
4 :
A swipe charge machine is the thing that they have at stores where a customer (or an employee) slides the card through the machine and it scans the magnetic stripe to determine the card number. Most of them (although not the ones that are built into gas pumps) will also allow someone to manually enter the card number on a keypad, but you should not do this with a card number from another country, because it might be stolen.
5 :
There seems something strange about this. The ONLY way they will pay you is if you use a swipe charge machine. These are basically a Point-of-Sale device, that are either built into a cash register, or as a separate device connected to it. So does this person want to mail their card to you to charge it and then you mail it back to them? Some of these devices you can manually enter in a card. If this is what they are trying to get you to do you can be almost certain it is a stolen number. Even without knowing all of the information, this seems to have SCAM written all over it. You need to really know who you are dealing with, especially if these people are in a different country. If for some reason you took their charge, and it turns out to be fradulent it is going to be next to impossible to get your money back.