Saturday, January 28, 2012

is 26 years old too old to produce music?

is 26 years old too old to produce music?
i've just turned 26 yrs old this August, and suddenly i've just felt like a tremendous pressure upon my chest. for one, i'm one of those type of people who's very 'young' at heart, and also, many people said that i'm really talented in music. i have even formed a band last year, and it's still going. and i'm currently learning electronic music production too. Japan's pop sounds have been my main influences , and i'm so dying to hope to travel there, at least stay a bit there, and see what will it take! but unfortunately, i'm kinda born in a very strict chinese-family, where at 26-yrs old, parents already pressure me in stuff like big money-making careers (ie: engineering, plantation, etc), and marriage. and i just don't like them (at least for now), i don't want to grow 'old' quickly, like some of my friends already did.. but yea, life-circumstances is really making me hard to pursue my REAL interests (and my daytime job is also NOT music-related! it sucks). so yea, back to question: do u guys think 26 yrs old is already too-old to produce music, & start music career? I'm an chinese-indonesian living in indonesia, btw.
Other - Music - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You as old as you feel and think. Go for it and hit me up later and let me know how well your doing.
2 :
no way!! people some people produce music til the day they die!! I know I will!
3 :
I THINK 26 YEARS IS FINE STAY ION THE MUSIC INDUSTRY FOR A FEW YEARS AND IF BUY 30 U HAVNT GOTTEN TO ANY SUCCESS I WOULD START THINKING ZBOUT OTHER CAREERS BUT IF BY 30 U HAVE STARTED TO SEE U ARE GETTING BETTER AND YOUR ALBUMS ARE BE COMING MORE SUCCESFULL THEN ID STAY IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. GOOD LUCK!
4 :
Willie Nelson Johnny Cash Michael Stipe Townes van Zandt All the best artists had their biggest successes way past 25 years old. It's only the hiphop kiddos who think that anyone older than they are is ancient history.